Grant applications for historic preservation projects are available in December and January. Applications must be in our office by date noted on application to be eligible for consideration. Organizations interested in applying for funds are encouraged to meet with the Junior Board Coordinator, Michelle Zupan, prior to applying.
- Grant projects must be related to historic preservation or the dissemination of knowledge about a historic resource.
- Grants are not available for completed projects or projects that will be completed prior to the grant award date.
- The maximum amount that may be requested is $30,000 per year.
- Only one application per organization per year will be accepted. Applicants may NOT apply to both the Junior Board and the Watson-Brown Foundation Board within the same fiscal year.
- February -- grant applications are due
- March & April -- applications are reviewed, site visits are made
- late April/early May -- funding decisions are made and successful applicants are notified
- late May -- Funding Agreements are drafted and signed
- early June -- funds are disbursed
For more information about the Thomson Junior Board chapter, its historic preservation grants, or its membership policies, please contact Michelle Zupan at (706) 595-7777 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**For information about the Milledgeville Junior Board chapter please contact Matt Davis at (478) 445-4545. And for the Athens Junior Board chapter please contact Ashleigh Oatts at (706) 369-3513. Be sure to mail your application to the appropriate Board Coordinator!